What I did tonight instead of going to see DZ Deathrays play live
Everett True details what he did tonight instead of watching rambunctious drunken Brisbane types DZ Deathrays.
- I cursed this fucking dry cough that means I won’t get a proper night’s sleep for the fourth night in a row.
- I drank water from a bottle – tap water.
- I played Stick Cricket, and cursed my eyes. I mean, reaction time.
- I listened to triple j and wondered at the mendacity of the station’s main slogan – We Love Music. Clearly, they don’t. Or rather, clearly they do – so much so that they couldn’t give a shit about its quality or ability to affect people’s lives or miserable tenacity to still sound the same five indie records circa 1993. The only song I liked was Spiderbait… and I have a sneaking suspicion that DID come out in ’93. And I didn’t like that song much either.
- I laughed at a student’s description of all tall and thin people as being “mean”.
- I wondered whether anyone would ever flirt with me again.
- I shuddered involuntarily at the sight of this video.
- I haunted Facebook.
- I coughed more.