What I did tonight instead of going to see Cut Copy play live
Everett True details what he did tonight instead of watching Australian indie/dance band Cut Copy ply their watered-down version of 80s New Order.
- I cursed this fucking dry cough again. And again. And again.
- I laboured through tiredness.
- I recorded a new video – and wondered what has happened to that recording John Steel Singers made with myself on a secondary narrative.
- I wondered once more about old friends (no, not that one).
- I listened to The Wall. Remarkably quiet.
- I played chess: online chess where trolling is half the joy.
- I placed one foot in front of another, one foot in front of another.
- I vowed to become even more addicted, listening to more of this. (A singer whose image I have always instinctively hated, feeling that it mirrors a complete cynical lack of authenticity and money-grabbing cultural appropriation.) And wondered about the moment the sea-change occurred.
- I wondered precisely which electronic circuit the ants that occasionally stroll across my computer screen live in.