my advice for aspiring readers of music critics
1. It’s just one person’s opinion.
2. There is no right or wrong way to write a review (similar to playing guitar).
3. Star ratings mean shit. What, exactly, is being awarded a mark?
4. You might not agree with the writer.
5. Which part of ‘music critic’ don’t you understand?
6. Yes, they probably were at the same show as you.
7. Trust the critic, not the magazine.
8. You don’t have to read it.
9. Authority is gained, not conferred.
10. Bloggers aren’t critics. Not automatically.