10 reasons to love the new Coldplay album Mylo Xyloto
By Everett True
Someone dared me to give it a good review. So I did.
1. It’s got Rihanna on it*
2. It might be the band’s last
3. It doesn’t go on longer than 45 minutes**
4. It’s not The Cranberries***
5. It’s not Kings Of Leon
6. Chris Martin doesn’t sing all the time
7. They cover the great old Coasters classic, ‘Charlie Brown’****
8. It doesn’t guest-star Thom Yorke or Jack White. Or Jay-Z. Or Tony Bennett*****
9. Er …
10. That’s it.
* Wait. Is that a good thing?
** Unless you buy the Japanese edition with bonus tracks.
*** Actually, it’s a shame it’s not The Cranberries. A long time ago, The Cranberries were good. Hard to believe now. This was before Dolores infused her voice with her own personality.
**** I could be mistaken here.
***** No disrespect, Tony mate.
Related posts: REVIEWED IN PICTURES Coldplay – Mylo Xyloto (Parlophone)